We're Recruiting - Sound Engineer
1 Year, 1 Week, 2 Days, 12 Hours, 55 Minutes ago.
SNK Studios is one of London’s leading audio post production companies. We occupy 6 floors on Tottenham Court Road – a lovely building stuffed full of recording studios, tracklay suites and production offices! As part of the SNK Publishing Group, the brands here also include Red Apple Creative - a specialist digital and audio creative agency.
We are looking for a Sound Engineer to join the current team of in-house engineers.
Clients include major brands like Aston Martin, Hasbro, and NBC Universal. We produce creative audio for TV, cinema and online, and as part of our partnerships also a lot of audio for radio and digital streaming platforms.
You will be responsible for producing your own work, help support the other Engineers and be willing to learn and develop your own skills constantly. You will work closely with the bookings team, the runners and the producers, whilst supporting the day to day running of the facility.
We have long lasting relationships with our clients because they trust us and we always deliver. We’ve seen significant growth as a company in the last few years and it’s an exciting time to join us. We firmly believe that the people in our company are our strongest asset and we’re proud to have a brilliant team who amaze us every day. We boast a high staff retention rate and have more than doubled in size in the last few years.
We’re not looking for back seat drivers because in our company there’s nowhere to hide, but if you’ve got passion, drive and ambition to grow with the business you’ll love it and will become an integral part of the SNK Studios family.
Day to day you will work closely with bookings and production staff to:
- Un-archive and prep ProTools sessions.
- Help with the technical maintenance of the facility under the direction of others.
- Record voiceovers, edit and mix projects.
- Interact with clients and host client attended recording sessions.
- Use the ISDN system and Source Connect to record voice overs remotely.
- Deliver files to the team and to clients.
- When required create sound design and operate ADR sessions.
- Contribute to the wider day to day running of the facilities – technical improvement, helping runners etc.
- Quality check other engineers work when asked.
- Set up studios.
- Sometimes tidy down studios.
- Diligently record sessions in our logging ‘Trello’ system.
This is not an exhaustive list, related tasks will be expected of you, and of course as the role and the company develops, day to day tasks will develop too.
- At least 18 months experience of client attended audio post sessions.
- An extensive, confident knowledge of the ProTools software platform.
- Good working knowledge of RX Izotope, Source Connect, Skype and other related Mac audio software.
- A good understanding of video in ProTools and Quicktime, including video formats and creating basic WIP files for clients.
- Full confidence with voice over recording, including with multiple voices and ‘down the line’ recording, plus tracklaying, sound design, editing audio, internal bouncing and creating stem files (M&Es etc) as requested.
- At least some knowledge of 5.1 mixing within ProTools.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn from all other staff members.
- Adapt to any standard practices the company requires.
- At all times be polite, helpful and proactive.
- Not be afraid to role your sleeves up and help out with anything required of you.
- Have a positive, can-do mental attitude.
- Good organization and time management.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A thorough knowledge of ProTools is a must – you will be tested on this as part of the interview process – including knowledge of EQ, Compression, searching for sounds, and how to treat voice files. You will also recognise when something sounds good and when it doesn't.
- This job is ideal for a grad with at least 18 months industry experience - although no degree is necessary – you could be someone who's worked as a freelancer for a while and now wants to be part of a bigger, more established team.
- Attention to detail is key, being organised is paramount.
- You're presentable with great communication skills - good email and phone manner is crucial. You need to be polite, calm and open to learning new things.
9am – 6pm Monday to Friday, with one hour unpaid lunch break- often required to be flexible time wise, detailed in T&Cs prior to contract.
Salary & Probation:
Starting salary = £26,000 - £28,000 depending on experience, plus bonus.
Probation period of 3 months, extendable to 6 months at company discretion.
Annual salary review.
Discretionary Benefits (after passing probation):
Share in monthly company-wide target-based bonus system.
Bupa Medical Cover.
Ride to Work scheme.
Generous maternity and paternity policies (above statutory minimum), depending on length of service.
25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Creative and relaxed working environment.
A very close team who enjoy social events regularly.
Apply via email only:
[email protected] with the subject header ‘Sound Engineer'.
Many thanks for reading, we look forward to hearing from you!