6 Months, 2 Weeks, 5 Hours, 34 Minutes ago.
Ollie Campbell - Sound Engineer says:
"Something old, something new, something borrowed, something... Oh wait, that's for a wedding! Enjoy my selection - a mixture of stuff I've been listening to over the past few months."
Check out the playlist here.
7 Months, 1 Week, 3 Days, 13 Hours, 20 Minutes ago.
We are very pleased to announce that SNK Studios are official sponsors of The Little Black Book & Friends Beach, Cannes Lions 2019!
The Little Black Book & Friends Beach will be returning to Cannes Lions for 2019. Hosted by LBB, the annual event will run from the 18th to 21st June - taking place at the Plage Croisette Beach, opposite the Miramar on La Croisette.
We hope to see lots of you there in June, glass of rosé in hand!
7 Months, 1 Week, 4 Days, 18 Hours, 6 Minutes ago.
SNK Studios is one of London’s leading audio post production companies. We occupy 6 floors on Tottenham Court Road – a lovely building stuffed full of recording studios, tracklay suites and production offices! As part of the SNK Publishing Group, the brands here also include Red Apple Creative - a specialist digital and audio creative agency.
We are looking for a Sound Engineer to join the current team of in-house engineers.
Clients include major brands like Aston Martin, Hasbro, and NBC Universal. We produce creative audio for TV, cinema and online, and as part of our partnerships also a lot of audio for radio and digital streaming platforms.
You will be responsible for producing your own work, help support the other Engineers and be willing to learn and develop your own skills constantly. You will work closely with the bookings team, the runners and the producers, whilst supporting the day to day running of the facility.
We have long lasting relationships with our clients because they trust us and we always deliver. We’ve seen significant growth as a company in the last few years and it’s an exciting time to join us. We firmly believe that the people in our company are our strongest asset and we’re proud to have a brilliant team who amaze us every day. We boast a high staff retention rate and have more than doubled in size in the last few years.
We’re not looking for back seat drivers because in our company there’s nowhere to hide, but if you’ve got passion, drive and ambition to grow with the business you’ll love it and will become an integral part of the SNK Studios family.
Day to day you will work closely with bookings and production staff to:
- Un-archive and prep ProTools sessions.
- Help with the technical maintenance of the facility under the direction of others.
- Record voiceovers, edit and mix projects.
- Interact with clients and host client attended recording sessions.
- Use the ISDN system and Source Connect to record voice overs remotely.
- Deliver files to the team and to clients.
- When required create sound design and operate ADR sessions.
- Contribute to the wider day to day running of the facilities – technical improvement, helping runners etc.
- Quality check other engineers work when asked.
- Set up studios.
- Sometimes tidy down studios.
- Diligently record sessions in our logging ‘Trello’ system.
This is not an exhaustive list, related tasks will be expected of you, and of course as the role and the company develops, day to day tasks will develop too.
- At least 18 months experience of client attended audio post sessions.
- An extensive, confident knowledge of the ProTools software platform.
- Good working knowledge of RX Izotope, Source Connect, Skype and other related Mac audio software.
- A good understanding of video in ProTools and Quicktime, including video formats and creating basic WIP files for clients.
- Full confidence with voice over recording, including with multiple voices and ‘down the line’ recording, plus tracklaying, sound design, editing audio, internal bouncing and creating stem files (M&Es etc) as requested.
- At least some knowledge of 5.1 mixing within ProTools.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn from all other staff members.
- Adapt to any standard practices the company requires.
- At all times be polite, helpful and proactive.
- Not be afraid to role your sleeves up and help out with anything required of you.
- Have a positive, can-do mental attitude.
- Good organization and time management.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A thorough knowledge of ProTools is a must – you will be tested on this as part of the interview process – including knowledge of EQ, Compression, searching for sounds, and how to treat voice files. You will also recognise when something sounds good and when it doesn't.
- This job is ideal for a grad with at least 18 months industry experience - although no degree is necessary – you could be someone who's worked as a freelancer for a while and now wants to be part of a bigger, more established team.
- Attention to detail is key, being organised is paramount.
- You're presentable with great communication skills - good email and phone manner is crucial. You need to be polite, calm and open to learning new things.
9am – 6pm Monday to Friday, with one hour unpaid lunch break- often required to be flexible time wise, detailed in T&Cs prior to contract.
Salary & Probation:
Starting salary = £26,000 - £28,000 depending on experience, plus bonus.
Probation period of 3 months, extendable to 6 months at company discretion.
Annual salary review.
Discretionary Benefits (after passing probation):
Share in monthly company-wide target-based bonus system.
Bupa Medical Cover.
Ride to Work scheme.
Generous maternity and paternity policies (above statutory minimum), depending on length of service.
25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Creative and relaxed working environment.
A very close team who enjoy social events regularly.
Apply via email only:
[email protected] with the subject header ‘Sound Engineer'.
Many thanks for reading, we look forward to hearing from you!
7 Months, 1 Week, 6 Days, 18 Hours, 58 Minutes ago.
Sam Brown - Runner says:
"Here is a selection of what I'm currently listening to, it's a big mix of mainly RnB/Soul fused with some Thai-inspired Funk and a sprinkling of Andy Shauf for extra flavour. Enjoy!"
Check out the playlist here.
8 Months, 2 Days, 4 Hours, 56 Minutes ago.
Working closely with international charity Habitat For Humanity GB, SNK Studios provided sound design and Dolby cinema mix for their latest campaign.
Habitat For Humanity GB are an international charity whose long-term focus is to alleviate poverty and homelessness through affordable social housing. Since 1976, Habitat For Humanity has worked in over 70 countries, built over 1.3 million homes and served over 20 million people.
We worked alongside the team to deliver the thirty-second cinema sound spot for their latest campaign, “Amira’s Story”. The beautifully animated film, from Dario Berrebi and Habitat For Humanity GB follows Amira and her hopes to keep her family safe in Syria.
Watch the film here...
If you would like to find out more about the work that Habitat For Humanity GB do and how you can support, please visit their website: https://www.habitatforhumanity.org.uk/
Client: Habitat For Humanity GB
Title: Amira’s Story
Production Company: Habitat For Humanity GB
8 Months, 2 Weeks, 1 Day, 4 Hours, 20 Minutes ago.
Last week, regular collaborators Creative Drive came to us with a haunting piece for the homelessness charity Centrepoint that really evokes the contrast between the gloss of the festive season and the harsh reality that many young people may find themselves homeless.
Sometimes it's easy to forget that Christmas isn't a joyful time of year for everyone. Those without support of friends and family can find it a difficult, lonely time and many young people will face homelessness this Christmas.
Centrepoint is a charity who provides support and housing for young people living in London, Manchester and other areas of the UK. Their aim is to give young homeless people a future, ultimately ending all youth homelessness.
Working closely with the Creative Drive team, we created the sound design and mix for their short video to really drive home the sense of fear that many face in the winter months. Futhermore, highlighting the message that together we can make sure they don't feel so alone.
Here’s a lovely testimonial from Director – Mark Dymond:
“The Centrepoint spot was, in essence, a very simple concept that required quality ingredients to lift it to a complex and emotional place. One vital ingredient was the sound, and SNK delivered on a nuanced, atmospheric and sensitive piece of sound design and mix that delivered on all fronts - A lovely arc from a full-fat emotional Christmas song, to a single voice humming in the darkness.”
If you would like to find out more about the work that Centrepoint do, you can find their website here: https://centrepoint.org.uk
Agency – Creative Drive
Director – Mark Dymond
Producer – Jeannette Sutton
8 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days, 8 Hours, 36 Minutes ago.
"Whether you're rocking out on a Friday night, dying hungover on a Sunday morning, looking for that perfect gaming soundtrack or just want to kick back and relax, there should be something for everyone here in this quite varying playlist! From chill lo-fi and synthwave to hard-hitting pop and metal."
Seán Moher - Sound Engineer and Dubbing Co-ordinator says:
Check out the Spotify playlist here!
9 Months, 1 Day, 18 Hours, 25 Minutes ago.
We worked closely with Aylesworth Fleming Agency on behalf of Thames Water to plan and oversee both campaigns, and deliver them to stations across the country.
Having overseen the production of Thames Water's 'Winter 2018' and 'Fatberg' radio campaigns here at SNK, we're delighted to be hearing them live across radio stations such as Smooth, Heart, Magic and Capital right now.
SNK Studios provided everything from casting to radio clearance, scheduling recordings to final mixing.
We worked closely with AF to get the campaigns cleared with RACC in time for broadcast. Once we had received clearance for both scripts, we had the green light for moving ahead with the recording.... Both campaigns had bespoke sound design and featured a music track from our very own library.
Once we had received a final green light from AF and Thames Water, we could begin delivering the radio campaigns to selected stations, ahead of copy and live deadlines.
The Thames Water 'Winter November 2018' radio campaign helps to highlight common plumbing issues experienced during the cold season, and Thames Water 'Fatberg November 2018' radio campaign helps to highlight London's on-going problems with wet-wipes etc being flushed down the loo!
These ads will be broadcast between November 2018 - March 2019 - Keep your ears open, ladies and gentleman!
10 Months, 1 Week, 5 Days, 13 Hours, 56 Minutes ago.
Nice to see this going out live now - all 8 episodes of VO recorded at SNK Studios!
10 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days, 6 Hours, 9 Minutes ago.
SNK Studios, Pure Sync and Cover Sauce team up to refresh music in advertising with a 360-degree approach...
Music and Licensing Needs to Be Simple and Transparent Without Cutting Corners
Read the full LBB Article here!